Completed: Sam & Max project

thumbnail

resized & cleaned source image

I finished stitching this over a month ago but since it was a gift for a friend I didn’t want to publish any photos until I gave it to her.

It took a lot of time to graph this out – I had to resize it from the original and then had to add all the details that were lost in resizing as backstitches. Then it took even longer to stitch it – working on dark fabric is really hard, especially in winter when there is no sunlight to help you after 5pm.

Even though I made some mistakes (nothing major) I’m really happy with how it turned out. Sadly I forgot to image it before we framed it so there’s some glare in the photos, but the finished piece looks great.
Click “more” for the photos and a link to the pattern.

Sam & Maxclose up of the stitch work

Pattern and instructions available on the Sprite Stitch message board.

Title: Wanton Destruction – Sam & Max
Fabric: Belfast linen, black. 32 count.
Grid Size: 128W x 117H                  Design Area: 8.00″ x 6.94″

Advertisements
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: